Walking and talking with peers is good for physical and mental health. Our walking group meets every week (Tuesday's and Friday's) to go on walks in Darlington and the surrounding area, where beautiful scenery and places of historical interest combine to make for an invigorating and enjoyable experience. A fully qualified walk leader will be present to ensure your safety. The programme of walks is designed to be varied and accessible to as many people as possible with many walks being wheelchair friendly.
Walks are rated as easy or moderate, depending on duration and terrain. Transport to places further afield is easy as Darlington Mind has its own minibus.
Pawsitive Strides - Dog Walking Session
Spending time with our four legged friends can be great for mental wellbeing. We are looking at offering a once monthly dog walking session Pawsitive Strides in the spring. So please get in touch today if you are interested!
What can I expect?
- A professional approach
- Expert support (experienced & qualified staff)
- Practical advice
- Walking Group (with minibus access)
So if you would like to:
- Make new friends
- Take part in activities designed to inspire you
- Improve your confidence and self-esteem
- Become fitter
- Work with an enthusiastic and dedicated team
- Improve your mental and physical well-being
Our clients say…
- “I love all the sessions I do. They are vital for my mental and physical health.”
- “I feel my social skills have been strengthened due to the support and encouragement that I receive not only from the co-ordinator but also from my fellow peers.”
- “It provides me with a platform and security to pursue activities outside of Mind.”
- “I’ve had a massive personal achievement recently and this is down to the confidence I have as a result of accessing the Walking Group.”