The Green Project aims to build confidence, raise self-esteem, promote physical activity and encourage social interaction.
We provide a broad variety of activities in practical and theory sessions using our garden and shared allotment. The Project runs on a Monday PM and a Wednesday AM.
We use our own evergreen foliage, hedgerow fruits and weaving materials to create seasonal gifts and Christmas decorations.
We are developing a full-size shared allotment site in Darlington and we carry out a growing, maintenance and for our garden site which is owned by Darlington Mind.
Planning and nurturing plants can give you a reason to get out of bed in the morning – be inspired by tasting the first strawberry of the season, seeing the sweep of colour across the garden as the flowers appear.
What can I expect?
- A professional approach
- Expert support (experienced staff)
- Practical advice
- Learning about different horticultural techniques
- Practice and enhancement of gardening skills
- Access to a beautiful garden
- Access to an allotment
- Open for different sessions throughout the week
Our clients say…
- “Since coming to the Mind Green Project, I have noticed several improvements to my general wellbeing, both mental and physical. In the past, I have had problems of motivation and concentration, involving long periods of lethargy.”
- “Has inspired me to take more of an interest in the relationship between growing vegetables, the sources of ingredients and cooking them, it has also given me ideas for healthier eating.”