Ever thought of learning how to use a computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone? Or are you a a self-taught expert but need some formal qualifications?
The Darlington Mind Computer Project is a fully accredited British Computer Society (BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT) grade “A” Green rated test centre which benefits from the provision of highly qualified staff and a state of the art ICT suite.
Our aim is to create a therapeutic working environment; to offer individuals the opportunity to gain computer skills and highly recognised ICT qualifications; to help improve confidence and as a distraction from negative thoughts. All courses take place in an inclusive and supportive environment and are tailor made to meet the needs of the individual.
The dedicated team will provide step by step instructions, from the very basics (for those who have never even switched on a computer) to the more advanced skills (for those who are seeking qualifications, assistance into employment, or access to further education courses).
Whether you wish to achieve a qualification, or simply want to learn new skills, the Computer Project can help you to meet people and make new friends, improve your confidence and raise your self-esteem.
What can I expect?
- A professional approach
- Expert support (Qualified Tutors)
- Practical advice
- A choice of courses
Accredited Courses & Qualifications
Learn My Way:
This course is aimed at people with little or no knowledge of using the Internet, E-mail, shopping online or social media. Students work through the modules at their own pace to achieve a Level 1 qualification in computer Online Basics and further learning with Online Plus.
ICDL (International Computer Driving Licence): Level 1 & 2:
ICDL is designed specifically for those who wish to gain a benchmark qualification in computing (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Internet & E-mail and using Windows 10) to enable them to develop their IT skills and enhance their career prospects. No prior knowledge of IT or computer skills is needed to study ICDL.
ICDL Advanced: Level 3:
The ICDL Advanced qualification is designed to improve computer skills from the internationally successful International Computer Driving Licence (ICDL) to the next level of competence which is equivalent to an "A" level standard.
Fun & Therapeutic Short Courses
Supported Study - we can help you to learn to use your tablet, Smart Phone or Laptop
Either a 6 or an 8 week training course in one of the following areas:
- Introduction to ICT (basic mouse/keyboard skills/word processing/desktop publishing/internet and email)
- Portable Devices (using smartphones/tablets)
- Digital Photography (picture composure/editing techniques)
- Creative Media (desktop publishing – posters/leaflets/business cards)
- Computer Art & 3D Design (learn to draw/paint using a computer)
- Web Design (basic website creation)
- Computer Essentials (computer settings, troubleshooting and good housekeeping techniques)
- Interview Techniques (CV creation, letter writing, job search and interview preparation)
- Computer Animation (basic animation creation)
- History Group (history research and project creation)
Our clients say…
- “Thank you for your all help and support, the service you provide is excellent. The teaching is some of the best I have come across and the way you make people feel at ease and seem to be able to give people the help and support they need”
- “I never thought I’d have a qualification, but thanks to all the help and support I’ve had, I do NOW. (I can’t wait to do more!). Thanks for everything, you’ve really boosted my confidence and I’ve also made some great friends in my class”
- “The courses I have been on have been enjoyable and relaxing. I am learning and it is helping me to be sociable and prevent me from being isolated. I have also found it an excellent distraction from negative thoughts”